Saturday, July 05, 2008

Day Trip to Taipei

I moved our Mac home and don't have Photoshop, so I've been playing around with Picnik, a free online photo editor. For what I do, which is basically nothing, this is more than I need.

I took a trip to Taipei on Thursday to visit the 228 Museum. This was my third trip on the HSR, and the first one for which I had my camera. Here's the train pulling into the station at Wuer.
















And another shot after arriving at the Taipei main station. The train appears to have encountered a flock, or at least a few members of a flock, of sparrows on the way north.







The Peace Park is a peaceful enough place, plenty of trees for folks to sit under. There's a traditional Chinese concrete pagoda, and a modern sculpture dedicated to the memory of the people killed in the White Terror.

No comments:

Tagging Taichung