Thursday, December 29, 2005

Photo Stories

My friend Gary was in town for Christmas or the holiday or whatever folks call it these days. I got to take a couple of days off work and chat with him about the work he's doing in Traverse City, Michigan. If you're getting married in Michigan, he's your man. Not to marry, but...anyway.

Our conversations kept coming back to "the photo story." Gary was polite enough not to tell me that I was wasting time with abstraction, but it's pretty clear that people would rather look at pictures of people. Skinny Sean used to bug me about this quite a bit when he still lived in Taiwan. I guess I'm just a misanthrope.

Yeah, so my New Year's Resolution is to take more pictures of people and to look for photo stories. And to drum up business for my friend Gary. Now, wouldn't you love to get married in Michigan?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you won't believe it...I lived in Traverse City for a year when I was 18.... :)
Heidi

Tagging Taichung